Data usage policy
- The use of DIAS data sets is limited to research and educational purposes [*1]
- Users shall not modify the content of DIAS data sets
- Users shall not provide the content of DIAS data sets to third parties
- In the event of using DIAS data sets in an academic presentation, paper, article, or report, etc., users shall cite in parenthesis the text given as the data citation
- In the event of using DIAS data sets in an academic presentation, paper, article, or report, etc., users shall submit a copy of the work (an offprint in the case of a paper, or a copy of the lecture summary in the case of an oral or poster presentation) to the DIAS office below
[*1] Data sets whose commercial usage are allowed under the data policy by data provider will be also allowed to be used commercially as DIAS data sets, after ongoing preparation works have been completed. Please contact the DIAS Office for more details.
Procedure for use of DIAS (Account Application)
DIAS accounts are broadly classified into three kinds.
1. Common accounts for Web applications
These accounts are for the use of Web-based applications such as the DIAS Download System, the DIAS Metadata Management System, the Cooperative Support Environment Test Bed ubiDIAS, the CMIP5 Data Analysis System, etc. They use a common authentication infrastructure and enable a single sign-on. In order to apply for an account, please fill out the required fields of the application form below and submit it.
Data sets subject to the DIAS data policy alone can be downloaded via an account acquired by this application. Certification procedures can vary for data sets that require the approval of the data provider, but work is currently underway to allow users who do not have access rights and require the download of such data to move forward with application procedures for applications that can be made over by the Web.
Please inquire to the service reception desk or the DIAS office concerning web applications that require approval for use.
2. Core system login accounts
These are accounts for logging into the DIAS analysis server or analysis cluster and for users who need to login to perform data analysis using user-created programs; carry out forwarding or format conversion for data provision; or provide application services.
Concerning applications for accounts, please inquire to the DIAS office by email to obtain an application form. Complete the scheduled computation resources, purpose of use, and other required fields, then return the application form to the address listed. An account is issued after a review is conducted and usage is approved based on the application form submitted. Users may only utilize approved analysis servers and analysis cluster nodes. An individual consultation may be necessary because supported system environments and forms of usage differ according to circumstances.
At the present time, DIAS is still at the research and development stage. Accordingly, users can utilize the DIAS analysis server or analysis cluster through application from one of the following 8 programs.
- The Ministry of the Environment’s Global Environment Integrated Research Expense Strategic Research and Development Project (S-5)
- CMIP5 Project
- Data Integration & Analysis System (DIAS)
- Data Integration & Analysis System Program (DIAS-P)
- Research Program on Climate Change Adaptation (RECCA)
- The University green innovation creation project “Green Network of Excellence- environment information” (GRENE-ei)
- Innovative Program of Climate Change Projection for the 21st Century
- Social Implementation Program on Climate Change Adaptation Technology (SI-CAT) (scheduled)
3. Individual management accounts
Account management is carried out for each application for the Data Upload System, 3D Data Visual Analysis Tool, and the like because they are not for the general public and have limited users; they are undergoing trial operation; and the common account system for Web applications currently has insufficient authentication functionality. Please inquire to the service reception desk or the DIAS office concerning accounts.
DIAS User Guide
You can download the full version of the DIAS User Guide from the link below.
Download DIAS User Guide v1.06 (PDF, 60MB)
Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan